Friday, August 14, 2009

God Save the Queen....and Henry!











Poor Henry! His cockadoodle doo sounded more like a teenage girl getting molested, than a full on proud rooster wake up call! But then he is only a youngster and a mini chicken. He did manage to wake me with his pathetic doodle two mornings in a row, while I stayed at Sally's in the UK. It's amazing how many families are going "green" and ecological - raising their own free roaming chickens and laying their own eggs (hens, not people) - but one has to wonder if the village zoning allows for roosters calling at the sun in small back yards.

The boys and I took a detour for a few days to good ole Brittania (work trip) and I spent the weekend horsing around on Harley and Lou, while Aidan and Hunter saw their buddies. Sushi in London with my boss and meetings in the UK office kept me busy a few days....

As always, it was a fantastic trip and great to ride in green surroundings, rather than sand dunes. I was quite surprised to see a castle and village in the middle of Bourne Woods! Last summer this old medieval scenery was not there - at least not to my knowledge - so I thought archeologists had been busy un-earthing old English artifacts. The castle was burnt and very real looking but soon I discovered that it was nothing but scaffolding and hardened foam. It was in fact no longer Bourne Woods but Sherwood - Russell Crowe's new film "Nottingham" about Robin Hood. Russell in tights, hmmnn - interesting, if not a farce! Unfortunately I was too late to see any action. Work crews were taking down the set and leaving the greenery to grow back. Sounds like there was a lot of controversy on the set and that Sienna Miller was sacked because she made Russell look old. Well, Russell - you are old! Duh!
This time we got to see Alison, Graham, Mark and Donna again - and probably gained 5 lbs due to the most awesome homemade Tiramisu (Alison is a great cook!) - but I have been warned by Donna not to post any pictures! As she is our most loyal blog follower, I have no choice but to honor her wishes. Besides, mark didn't do anything embarrasing enough - like letting ladies ride his back - so there is no point... Alison didn't say I couldn't post her so I snug one in :))
Now back in Copenhagen and still being kept awake - not by Rooster wannabees, but by desert rats running about in their cage and biting their metal door. I have the pleasure of sleeping in my nephew Oliver's bed with Spiderman sheets and his little critters are obviously night creatures (sigh) so my sleep is heavily interrupted. Mutti has been busy making a blanket for Slim for his bed (no I don't think we spoil him!) and Josefine and her proudly presented it to me when I arrived back.
We are anxiously awaiting Aric's arrival the 20th, not sure who is more excited, him or the boys...it has been a long time apart and we ended up changing his ticket because the longing is too unbearable! Oh yeah, I miss him too :)

No comments: