Monday, August 3, 2009

Family Time





































Poor Slim has blisters on 3 of his paws! Apparently he chased another dog around, playing hard for an hour on the concrete (which is hot)...he is licking his wounds today accroding to Aric. That will teach him to run around like an idiot dog.

Less hot in Denmark today, where the quiet summer rain is falling, making everything smell fresh and clean.
My friend Ella, her son Joni (Hunter's best friend), Hunter and I, just ran 5k. We jogged down to the small pier close to our old house - where we have memories of jumping in on Christmas and New Years day in 2002 like true vikings. I don't think it was much warmer today than those days in the winter of 2002, but it felt very refreshing to launch a cannon ball into the clear water and then float around for a few minutes. Jogging home was a wet affair, though I am inspired to do it again tomorrow morning :)
The past few days have been a series of social gatherings - dinner with Charlotte (Aidan's first Nanny and our very good friend) - she made luxury burgers with her boyfriend Brian. It seemed a good idea to bicycle all the way to Copenhagen center (7 miles) in the evening sun. After a few glasses of wine, I must admit that handling the bike and attempting to stay on the path at 12.30 am, required my tongue absolutely dead center to focus. Apparently I made it home, because I woke up the next morning in bed and the bike was parked neatly in its spot behind the house. Either I'm a well functioning drunk or I had a guardian angel!
Sunday, we visited my aunt and uncle, Lone and Erling and my cousins were there - Gitte, Martin and his girlfriend and daughter, Michelle and Deva. Gitte, like me, had a body full of big aches since we rode in Dyrehaven for 2 hours on Saturday. Funny how 6 months of hiatus since my last horsey outing can cause un-used muscles to rebel and get that stiff! Our whining didn't get us far - we ended up laughing all our self pity away. Great home made lasagna and pizza did the trick.
This week is the last week in the borrowed house. Saturday the boys and I go to England - they want to see their old friends and I have one more weekend of horsing around. Monday and Tuesday I have meetings and Wednesday we return to Denmark. Aric is getting lonely and envies all our activities, so he may end up coming to Denmark sooner than the 24th. We will see.
That depends on whether the kennel can take Slim a bit sooner.

No comments: