


It's like deja vu...last year I was away from Aric on my birthday, though had both boys with me in Denmark. This year only Hunter is here, hope it's not a pattern beginning to form!
In good style I invited 8 girlfriends over for a great dinner and I could not have picked better entertainment if I had hired a magician! The house I am borrowing, comes with a rabbit, who gets fed by the neighbors' Au pair. She comes in every other day with a carrot...I suppose even I can figure that out, but never mind, she enjoys it. I let the rabbit "Nuller" out every day and it roams around on the grass. The entire yard is fenced in so there is no danger it will escape. The owners, Soren and Tone, said it's OK to let it out to exercise; they normally leave it out all day.
The neighbors next door, Christian and Annette, whom I met the other night at the other neighbors' grill evening (...long story - but I know almost every couple on the street now, as I exchanged Sanibel for the house across the street here last year), anyway- they have two white labs; both are trained hunting dogs/retrievers, but as we learned yesterday, there are still a few lessons to be learned by the youngest lab. All instincts took over when they walked past the gate and the lab jumped over the fence and started to chase the poor rabbit!
In good style I invited 8 girlfriends over for a great dinner and I could not have picked better entertainment if I had hired a magician! The house I am borrowing, comes with a rabbit, who gets fed by the neighbors' Au pair. She comes in every other day with a carrot...I suppose even I can figure that out, but never mind, she enjoys it. I let the rabbit "Nuller" out every day and it roams around on the grass. The entire yard is fenced in so there is no danger it will escape. The owners, Soren and Tone, said it's OK to let it out to exercise; they normally leave it out all day.
The neighbors next door, Christian and Annette, whom I met the other night at the other neighbors' grill evening (...long story - but I know almost every couple on the street now, as I exchanged Sanibel for the house across the street here last year), anyway- they have two white labs; both are trained hunting dogs/retrievers, but as we learned yesterday, there are still a few lessons to be learned by the youngest lab. All instincts took over when they walked past the gate and the lab jumped over the fence and started to chase the poor rabbit!
Right in the middle of the wine and salad!! I ran one way and my friend Nete the other way around the house, chasing the rabbit - while Christian tried to tackle the dog twice. It was down to a hair, when the rabbit ran under a log and Christian finally jumped the dog. I got the rabbit out from hiding and held it, its heart was beating so fast I thought I was going to have to do mouth to snout resuscitation! What a tackle by the neighbor! He should be drafted by the Bears!
His wife Annette came over with a bottle of wine later, she was so upset. I'm not sure how I would have told Soren and Tone, that their family pet died on my watch.
Aside from that, it was a fantastic evening with all my best friends, except Josephine who sadly couldn't make it. Charlotte especially enjoyed the evening - Aidan's old nanny still parties hard!
Makes up for Aric not being here. Just one more week and we jet off to Mexico together, so I'm looking forward to that.
No comments:
Post a Comment