









Margaret swung the bat with fierce determination and brought down the beast in two swings! We are so pleased that Grandpa Tom has found such a strong, delightful and funny Canoodian girlfriend and in awe that she was able to take down our Parrot pinata so fast - it took two men to hang it back up, so other guests could swing at it. Later, it was in fact decapitated and we found the head in the top of a bush the next morning - the parrot had finally found it's nesting ground!
40, 5, 2, 16, 20, 56
Not your lucky Lotto numbers! 40 people showed up; 5 bottles of tequila emptied; 2 swings by Margaret to bring down the parrot; 16 enchiladas eaten among all the other main courses; 20 plastic margarita glasses used and re-used and re-used, and 56 coronas consumed (along with all the sangria, margaritas and Sol beer; 3 bottles of wine and 2 bottles of champagne) - I'd say the party was a success! Thank God Nicole brought another pinata (albeit a Zebra!!) - as there were a line of people waiting to give it a go.
Just before the guests arrived I had a wig crisis. While I was in the shower, Slim was attacking what he thought was a wild and dangerous rodent in my bedroom. Clearly thinking I was in danger from the "rodent", he broke its neck and gave it a good shake! What was a sleek and beautiful senorita wig, now looked like a cross between Michael Jackson's 1975 afro and Ozzy Osborne after a long concert night. I tried combing it out to no avail. Last resort was to gather the frizz with a large barret and let the front ends hang loose. I now looked less like roadkill and more like a Mexican prostitute. Well, it worked with the peasant dress I wore, so what can I say. My Senor hubby and his father sported a classic hombre look with their colorful sarapees and Margaret was my idential twin with a green peasant dress though no wig!
40, 5, 2, 16, 20, 56
Not your lucky Lotto numbers! 40 people showed up; 5 bottles of tequila emptied; 2 swings by Margaret to bring down the parrot; 16 enchiladas eaten among all the other main courses; 20 plastic margarita glasses used and re-used and re-used, and 56 coronas consumed (along with all the sangria, margaritas and Sol beer; 3 bottles of wine and 2 bottles of champagne) - I'd say the party was a success! Thank God Nicole brought another pinata (albeit a Zebra!!) - as there were a line of people waiting to give it a go.
Just before the guests arrived I had a wig crisis. While I was in the shower, Slim was attacking what he thought was a wild and dangerous rodent in my bedroom. Clearly thinking I was in danger from the "rodent", he broke its neck and gave it a good shake! What was a sleek and beautiful senorita wig, now looked like a cross between Michael Jackson's 1975 afro and Ozzy Osborne after a long concert night. I tried combing it out to no avail. Last resort was to gather the frizz with a large barret and let the front ends hang loose. I now looked less like roadkill and more like a Mexican prostitute. Well, it worked with the peasant dress I wore, so what can I say. My Senor hubby and his father sported a classic hombre look with their colorful sarapees and Margaret was my idential twin with a green peasant dress though no wig!
Aidan and Hunter made an appearance for a change - Aidan even made several batches of drinks for us (probably to impress his girlfriend Courtney who was there with her parents Andrew and Elona) - he made a killer Tequila Sunrise.
The last people left 4am, so I'd say it was a very successful fiesta! Elona says she will host the next party - theme: "Out of Africa" - so I'm already working on Aric's and my Tarzan and Jane outfits!
No comments:
Post a Comment