

On the way to self sustainability, we harvested our first Radish last week and today 3 more were added to the batch of Ault vegies. All completely ORGANIC we're proud to say!
The Mint is taking over, so I must apply some crop control measures -- will probably start giving small packages away to the neighbors and friends soon.
There is some lettuce (and I can't remember which one....a Filipino friend gave me some seeds - could be the Bok Choi) which also is going gangbusters and we can't have the Asian herbs take over the developed mainstream crops! My Eggplant is slow to show signs of maturity, but the cherry tomatoes are 40cm tall now, so soon to bloom I'm certain! Sadly only 2 out of the 10 sunflowers I planted have made it above surface. I think the birds are getting the seeds so I'm contemplating building a mini scarecrow.
There are also clear signs of slugs, sliming their white trails all over the leaves of everything, so I have now spread coffee grounds (an old wives tale....) hoping they will choke on the Jamaican Blue Mountain brew! At the rate things are coming up, I estimate we will be able to rotate crops and have several harvests throughout the year!
No comments:
Post a Comment