The handset of the landline phone has been missing for a week. It's not that we use the phone much; nobody ever calls us. But it's still annoying to see an empty base and charger and the one time I need to use the phone I have to search the entire apartment. It finally had to come down to a family meeting for us to solve the mystery of the missing handset. Aric usually misplaces keys, glasses, mobile phone, wallet...nothing out of the ordinary "lost man things", but this was different! To misplace a handset for a week is not normal. Even the "pager button" on the base did not reveal the location with a beeping sound. I was beginning to think that Slim had chewed it up or it accidentally fell 19 stories to its phone death.
A red-faced and embarrassed Hunter confessed at last that the phone was in his room, swallowed up by the duvet in his bed. For a week!!?? Turns out he has had late night conversations with his girlfriend - for hours and hours. What on earth can they possibly talk about for hours, late at night, when they see eachother for 8 hours in school? I've been trying to turn back time (about twenty some years or so ;-) to when I was 15 and "in love" and I do not remember being on the phone for hours. In fact I don't even think we had a phone with a separate handset in 1980, which means that I would have had to sit in our living room, next to the phone with a spiral cord - only about 50cm long and that would have been so uncool in front of my mom.
6 months ago Hunter didn't recognize the female race and now he cannot separate himself from the phone and Chelsea, who is from Korea and stunning! He told me he is saving up every Dirham of his weekly allowance in order to take Chelsea out for Valentine's Day - they have plans to dress up and go to an Italian restaurant. Sounds like serious puppy love to me. And potentially expensive phone bills.
No comments:
Post a Comment