Sunday, October 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Hunter!!






6 birthdays in the US; 4 birthdays in Denmark; 4 birthdays in the UK and now 1 in Dubai...that adds up to Hunter being 15 today and he did not hesitate to celebrate it all weekend. Friday, he and 15 of his friends met at the beach and hung out all night. I guess they are what you call "beach rats" rather than "mall rats" ??

He's the only kid I know who can turn an ordinary night into a money making scheme. Every day, at least 3-4 cars get stuck in the sand because they absolutely have to drive down as close to the water as possible in order to pic-nic or sun-bathe! God forbid people should walk 150 meters from the road across the sand...well Friday was no exception. Earlier in the day Aric and I witnessed at least 3 cars stuck up to their chassis in sand, so when Hunter told us he and his buddies made 500 Dirham by pushing a Mercedes out, we just laughed. That could become the new enterprise venture of the Ault boys!

Hunter certainly needs the money. He is learning very fast that women can drain your cashflow and Chelsea, from California, is no exception! Her texts start at 7am before he goes to school and he estimates she sends him 40-50 per day. Being a young gentleman, he feels obliged to answer every one of them (as "she is pretty hot, mom" ) so consequently, his phone credits are wiped out in 2 days. Aric told him - (Father to Son) - that it's only the start...the rest of his life will be spent dishing money out on women.... I can't disagree there :)

Tonight, we celebrated Hunter's birthday at Zyng's - a very cool Asian noodle restaurant - Hunter's choice, since he has Oriental blood in him (those who know him and us very well will remember that Hunter insists he is part Japanese and adopted! - even though I have assured him he did actually pop from my womb!)

We are such VIP guests at the Harbor Hotel & Residence (after all we're going on 7 weeks) that the front desk staff sent a birthday cake to our apartment this afternoon. All in all, I'd say his birthday was a success!

No comments: